Jelley, B., R. Jacobsen, P. Fitzpatrick, 2009: Near Real-Time, H*Wind-Based Windfield Production for ADCIRC, 2009 ADCIRC Workshop, NOAA Headquarters, Silver Spring, MD.
Near Real-Time, H*Wind-Based Windfield Production for ADCIRC
• Based primarily on actual observations at sea, on
land, from satellites, and from Hurricane Hunter
• Produced as 1-minute sustained wind vector
components at 10 meter elevation
• Storm-centered cyclone motion-following grid
improves temporally interpolated vector winds
• Usually available every 3 hours.
• No pressure information
• Available for marine exposure and with land
roughness lengths applied